Saturday 19 January 2013

Best Friends For Never {Chapter 1 – Chioma}



Remi and I have been best friends forever. I honestly don't remember a time when she wasn't with me. So spending the holiday without her was horrible. But today was the day I finally get to see my best friend again.

I paced around my house waiting for her to come over like she had promised.

"chioma calm down." Lanre laughed. "She will be here soon enough." Lanre wrapped his arms around me kissed me lightly on the lips. Even after a year together I still get butterflies in my stomach when he kissed me.

"Get a room!" Hollered Kingsley and Lanre threw a pillow at him. It wasn't long before they were wrestling around and I was trying not to snort because I was laughing so hard. Kingsley,Remi and I had been the three musketeers since he moved next door to me in primary three. Even when he got older and we traded him in by forcing him to play dolls for sports, he still had time for his 'gal pals'. He in fact introduced me to Lanre, though I don't think he thought we would hit it off so well. "Ok you win!" Kingsley yelled when Lanre got him into a headlock.

"I thought so." Lanre said smugly and released him.

I was about to make a comment about how dumb boys were when I noticed a very familiar face walking up my compound. I burst through the door and squealed. "Remi!" I threw my arms around my best friend and she returned the embrace. "God I have missed you!"

"Same!" She said with a laugh. "holiday just -" I continued with her in unison. "isn't holiday without your best friend!" We squealed and hugged again.

"And what am I? chopped liver?" Kingsley called from the door way. Remi and I broke apart and she made her way up the compound and into the house.

"Missed you too Kingsley." She said giving him a quick hug.

"Hey." Lanre said coolly and threw his arms around her and gave her a quick embrace. I couldn't help noticing Remi blushing, but I didn't really dwell on it. I grabbed Remi's hand and pulled her down to the couch.

"The house party at Segun's house is tonight!" I waited for her reaction but she just adjusted in her seat. "You’re coming right?" I asked.

"I don't know I just got back, and I am really tired."

"Remi you have to come!" I pouted.

"Come on Remi!" Kingsley mimicked my soprano voice and batted his eyelashes at her. She laughed but still looked unsure.

"Come on Remi you have to come." Lanre said settling down next to me.

Remi bit her lip and sighed. "Well I guess." I squealed and threw my arms around her.

"This is going to be the best night!"


4 comments:

  1. Loving the story already.....when is the next chapter coming out please???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would remi be blushing cos of her friends boyfriend....sounds fishy......when are u releasing the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something will go down at that house party....I can feel it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next episode please!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete