Monday 21 January 2013

Best Friends For Never {Chapter 3 - Chioma}



Its always nice to wake up to someone accidentally stepping on you.

"yeeee!"

"Chioma?" Remi exclaimed and quickly moved off of my gut. "Why are you on the floor?"

"I collapsed on the couch, guess I fell off." I explained rubbing my temples. Gosh I hate hangovers. "Everything OK? I heard you curse." I asked slowly getting up and heading into the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Oh um uh," She fumbled. "I forgot to tell mumsy I was crashing here so she is probably freaking out and gonna kill me." I nodded and handed Remi a glass of water which she gulped down quickly. "I should go." She said placing the glass down on the counter and heading into the front room.

"Don't you want breakfast?" I noticed the mid afternoon light flooding through then window. "Or lunch I guess."

"No." Remi grabbed her bag. "I really just have to go."

"Alright well -" Remi escaped out the front door before I could finish. "bye." Why was Remi acting so weird?' Or weirder then she normally was when she was hungover.

I went upstairs and into my bathroom. Pulling off of my dirty cloths and tossing them onto the floor I got into the shower. When I got out I headed into my room and pulled on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I flopped onto my bed and dialed Lanre's number. After a few rings he picked up.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully. "Last night was fun."

"Who is this?" Lanre asked groggily into the phone.

I pressed my lips together and then responded. "Chioma. Why, did you sneak away and visit your secret girlfriend?"

"What? No!" He said quickly with a nervous and awkward laugh. "I would never cheat on you." He added in that same nervous voice.

"Relax it was a joke." Why was everyone being so weird? "Anyway, I just wanted to know if you could hang out."

"Can't sorry."

"Oh well maybe we can -"

"Hey Chioma," He interrupted "I really can't talk right now, I will call you later." His side of the line went dead.

"Fine." I said to myself. "I guess I will hang out with Kingsley." Well that plan was quickly ruined when he didn't answer the door even though his car was in the drive. "I know your here!" I yelled at the house annoyed. Something had everyone avoiding me. What happened last night that I didn't know about?



No comments:

Post a Comment