Tuesday 5 February 2013

Best Friends For Never {Chapter 12 - Remi}


I heard a knock on my door and quickly went to open it. It was Lanre his eyes brightened up like seeing me was the best part of his day. It was slightly drizzling and his hair was wet and drops of rain where coming down his tight cheek bones. He had a black  jacket on and a white shirt.

"Hey come in" he had a mark that ran across his face. He leaned in to kiss me but I stopped him before he could.

"It’s okay I ended it" he tried to kiss me one more time but I blocked it again.

"I don't know Lanre maybe.....maybe we should wait a little while for Chioma to get another boyfriend or give her time to recover.  That reminds me I should call her and apologize. Did I tell you that-"

"Remi...."He cut me off "she figured out everything about the kiss that happened the other night..... That’s why I have that mark on my face...she slapped me"

"What?"

"She knew that I kissed you”

" she will never trust me again this is horrible  ..... I don't want to lose her I can't "I couldn't stop rambling my face was getting sweaty and I started to panic . I was having a panic attack.

"Remi you need to relax."Lanre said grabbing me into his arms. Tears ran down my face as I tried to breathe normally but I kept having sudden loss of air and sobs that came deep from in my chest.

"I lost my best friend. I lost my best friend” I kept repeating

"Remi just clam down” he said stroking my hair back

"How can you say that when my best friend that I told everything to hates me and she probably told Kingsley and now he hates me……. oh my gosh I have no friends….. they are probably going to tell everyone in school and I am going to be known as  the boyfriend stealer, the new school slut this can't be happening" I started to cry harder.

"I'm sorry Remi, this is all my fault you told me you didn't want to be with me and I didn't listen."

"Don't be sorry I was jealous of Chioma I will admit it but when I talk to you I feel just a bit happier. And I shouldn't have let you kiss me but I did and I can't take it back ... would I want to ...no... But I would have told Chioma first thing. Lanre I really do like you but you have to tell me now before I lose what's left of me do you really like me?? Is it worth losing Chioma and Kingsley to be with you... are you going to break my heart" he took me away from his chest and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Remi I can't promise that we won't get in fights I can't promise that we won't talk for a few days but I can promise you that the only way I will leave is if you want me to. I love Chioma but I feel like it wasn't real I felt like I had to be Mr. cool all the time but with you I can be ....me and I know you
Won’t care because you can be yourself in front of me. I won't promise you that I will remember every anniversary we have but I do promise that everyday I will tell you how much you mean to me." He leaned in and kissed me.  It was long and passionate, a dream kiss that every girl wants….. His lips were soft and molded to mine
 "Let’s just forget about everything that has happened right now and just watch something?"

"That would be great" we cuddled up on my couch and watched  titanic and of course the end made me cry but Lanre was right there to wipe my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment