Tuesday 5 February 2013

Best Friends For Never {Chapter 10 - Remi}


I didn't mean to blow up at Chioma. But how could I not, it was nonstop Lanre this Lanre that. You'd think after 13 months of being together they would be out of the cupcake phase.I couldn't take it anymore I had to talk to Kingsley.

I ran across the street and rang the door bell. I stood the awkwardly waiting for someone to open it.

"Hi Remi how are you?" Kingsley's mom said opening the door. She had big brown eyes,a great cheeky grin, and brown recently cut hair.

"Good and you?"

"Fine"

"Your hair looks nice” I said, her smile fading.

"Kingsley is inside would you like me to get him" she said, ending our conversation.

"yes please" She shut the door, a couple minutes later Kingsley came walking out.

"Hey"I said walking over and sitting next to him.

"Hi"

"We need to talk"

"I'm not in the mood"

"Kingsley your never in the mood" I practically yelled.

"Fine what?"

"It's Lanre"

"WHAT THE HELL REMI! I KNEW IT! I SHOULD HAVE TOLD CHIOMA WHEN I HAD THE FUCKING CHANCE!"

"KINGSLEY ITS NOT MY FAULT HE LIKES ME BACK!"

"NO REMI YOU’RE JUST FUCKING STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE HE DOES!" I couldn't look him in the eyes. I started to feel tears fill my eyes."THE ONLY REASON YOU CARE FOR LANRE IS BECAUSE HE MAKES YOU FEEL PRETTY. FACE IT REMI, CHIOMA IS SMARTER, NICER, AND PRETTIER THAN YOU.YOU ARE JUST JEALOUS AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE JEALOUS" I could tell he regretted it after but I ran off before he could say another word.
 

"Remi please I'm sorry" I heard him call for me but I just kept running. My eyes were blurred by tears. I didn't stop running till I got home. I entered my room and sat on my bed with my head berried in my knees. I heard footsteps walking towards my room.I didn't look up. Whoever it was i hoped they were smart enough to keep walking.

"Hey" I heard a familiar voice say."!"I looked up and Chioma was standing in front of me. She was the last person i wanted to see.

"Hi....what are you doing here?"

"I heard the fight with Kingsley, he was pretty mad"

"Yeah well right now I really just want to be alone."

"Come on. What happened to telling each other everything?"

"Chioma we are not ten anymore. Kingsley is a stupid boy, you have a boyfriend and I'm just the third wheel."

"No Remi you’re my best friend. Kingsley is just going through some really hard times."

"IF HE IS GOING THROUGH SOME TOUGH TIMES WHY CANT HE JUST BE A MAN AND FACE IT INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME"

"You have no idea Remi"

"THEN TELL ME CHIOMA" I screamed

"I can’t I promised not to"

"Whatever, I'm done with you and Kingsley. Both of you just leave me alone" I could tell she was about to cry so I ran away before she could say anything else. I looked at my phone that night and there were a bunch of missed calls from Chioma, Kingsley but the most from Lanre. I heard a knock on the door I just let my mom get it I was going to act sick tomorrow so I didn't have to go to school. The next thing I knew Lanre was knocking on my door.

"Remi are you okay" I didn't answer.

"I don't know who you are Lanre, you love me. you love her, Who do you want to be with?"
 

"I want you Remi"


"Then why won’t you break up with her?"

"Because it seems like the wrong thing to do"

"And this is right?

" I will do it tomorrow I promise" He leaned in and kissed me. Right now he he was the best thing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment